Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Summertime and the schedule is changing...

The Saturday Jazz Workshops are winding down for the summer. The last session will be 5/22/10 and will resume 9/11/10. Over the summer we will have a shorter workshop on a weekday evening- tentatively Thursdays from 6:00-8:45. I will hopefully be able to confirm this in the next blog entry.

On June 5th the Jazz workshop will be performing at the McRae Park Family Fun Day.

On Saturday 5/1/10 there was a great turnout with a baker's dozen plus one playing jazz in the park. Attendees included Wes, Ira, Bronco (all on tenor sax), Sam (trumpet and bass), Jack (trumpet and drums), Gene (drums), Owen (accordion), Max (bass), Brian, Craig, Tim (all on guitars) and vocalists Annie, Toria and Dick.

Songs for the day included "Freddie the Freeloader," "Moanin'," "Ornithology," "Georgia," "There Will Never Be Another You," "Take the 'A' Train," "Good Morning Heartache," "Tune Up," "A Foggy Day," "Just Friends," "Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry," "Summertime," "What Is This Thing Called Love," "Have You Met Miss Jones," "On The Sunny Side Of The Street," "Easy Living," "Here's That Rainy Day," "I Cover The waterfront," "Fly Me To The Moon," and "Jeannine."

I completely forgot to bring a camera so I've got no photos of the session. I have a lot of photos from previous sessions taken by Don Lehnhoff; I'll get some of those posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment