Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quick notes on 5/8/10 workshop

Short entry today due to time constraints (and having forgotten my camera yet again, I suppose because I was too excited about my new-to-me amp). Today we had a great turnout, Peter (bari sax), Ken (drums), Gene (drums), Sam (bass, trumpet and trumpet synth), Max (bass), Evan (bass), Owen (accordion), Wes (tenor sax), Annie (vocals), Toria (vocals), Matt (vocals), Rick (piano), Craig (guitar) and Tim (guitar). 14 people!

Songs of the day included "Killer Joe," "Ornithology," "In Walked Bud," "Georgia," "I've Never Been In Love Before," "Take The 'A' Train," "I Don't Know Why," "Sentimental Journey," "Flintstones," "Dindi," "Summertime," "Nature Boy," "Fly Me To The Moon," "The Late, Late Show," "Every Time We Say Goodbye," "Girl From Ipanema," "All The Things You Are," "St. Louis Blues," and "Don't Explain."

Please see the note below about the changes in the summer schedule for the Jazz Workshop and the upcoming performance(s). I've also updated the online calendar (there's a link in the info box at the top right of the page) to include the summer schedule, gig(s), and the fall schedule. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment