Friday, October 1, 2010

The Late-But-Not-Missing Report

Jeez, you'd think spending five minutes updating a blog was difficult or something- from the way I procrastinate, anyway. On 9/25/10 we had massive turnout at the Jazz Workshop. We had a couple of Jazz Workshops-worth turn up: 15!

In attendance were Annie, Toria and Dina on vocals; the "guitar orchestra" of Tim, Bob, John and Pat (Pat and John were, I think, newbies at the workshop); Josh on banjo and Dan on ukelele; Max on bass; Gene and Scott on drums; Paul on piano; and the horn section was Sam (trumpet), Ira (also sax), Wes (tenor sax). That's a full house.


Songs du jour included "Summer's End," "Lady Bird," "I Mean You," "Body and Soul," "Ain't Misbehavin'," I'll Remember April," "Easy Living," "When I Fall In Love," "The Nearness of You," "Work Song," "One Note Samba," "All Of You," "How Deep Is The Ocean," "Save Your Love for Me," "Lady Be Good," "It Never Entered My Mind," "It Don't Mean A Thing," "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life" and about a half dozen other songs for which I was out of the room.

In the photos, which were taken by Don Lehnhoff a couple of weeks ago, are: Dan with his ukelele; Max with his self-made six string bass (including winding his own pickups); and Annie and Toria looking more like parliamentarians than jazz singers at that particular moment. Thanks again to Don for taking providing so many photos for the blog!

OK, that's it for this week. The next Jazz Workshop is 10/2/10 at McRae Park-hope you can join us there!

No comments:

Post a Comment