Friday, April 14, 2023

April 8, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 4/15, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale, St. Louis Park)

Masks in building until playing, please.

Present this time were Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve C (piano), Steve H (alto), Raphael (bass), Bill (vocals), and Serdar (guitar).

Plenty of songs could be covered with fewer people. We began with Sam's choice, I'm Sitting On Top of The World (III-xxx). Your scribe opted for Irving Berlin's other Easter tune, I'm Putting All My Eggs In One Basket (II-187). Bill went to the great Fats Waller number Ain't Misbehavin' (handout). Steve C. felt Porter-ish, calling You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (II-436). Raphael felt the need to shake things up with Minority (I-273). Bill took two: I'll Take Romance (handout), and September Song (handout). Serdar needed some blues, and went to Tenor Madness (II-390). Sam chose Four (I-149) for his next one. Steve C. went to the quiet If I Should Lose You (II-193). Bill went to the Real Books for Pennies from Heaven (II-309). The last thing your scribe was present for was Raphael's call, Elora (II-117). But apparently the Workshoppers also covered Oleo and Rosetta.


--SJH


No comments:

Post a Comment