Sunday, April 16, 2023

April 15, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 4/22, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park)

Masks in the building, please, until we are in the theater to play.

Good times as usual. Present were Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve H (soprano), Steve C (piano), Raphael (bass), Jack (trumpet), and Bill (vocals). Even Raphael's brother came all the way from France to listen!

Sam started things going with Moanin' (II-270). Jack went with the blues classic, Freddie Freeloader (I-157). Bill sang his first tune, Ain't Misbehavin' (handout in his key). Steve C. pulled out some Monk, this time the ballad Reflections (I-340). Raphael made a statement with I Love Paris (I-189). His brother showed all of us pictures of Paris as inspiration. Even Bill joined for a chorus. Bill took another, this time Come Fly With Me (III-80). Your scribe opted for Afternoon in Paris (I-12); more pictures were shown to get us in the mood. Bill went less swingy on his next song, September Song (handout). 

Back to Sam again, he chose Triste (I-417). Jack had us Look for the Silver Lining (II-249). Bill called I Remember You (handout), and he did. Steve C. went with Stolen Moments (I-384). Your scribe was on his way out the door while that tune was in progress, so there might be more...

See you next time!

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment