Friday, January 13, 2023

January 7, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 1/14, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park) in the basement theater.

Bring your own stand. Masks in the building unless playing. 

It would appear that yours truly did not properly report on the Workshop that took place Dec. 17, 2022. Here is the quick report.

Present: Steve C (piano), John (trombone), Steve H. (sax), Vern (accordian), Jack (trumpet), Bill (vocals), and Serdar (guitar).

Tunes: 

John: Blue Bossa (I-50)

Jack: Misty (I-277)

Steve C: Out of Nowhere (I-318)

Steve H: Silver Bells (Handout)

Vern: So What (I-364)

Bill: Pennies from Heaven (II-309)

Serdar: All Blues (I-18)

Bill: All of Me (I-20)

John: All the Things You Are (I-22)

Steve H: I'll Be Home for Christmas (Handout)

Bill: Come Fly With Me (III-80)


After a couple of weeks' hiatus due to the holidays, we returned for more fun in the new year.

Present: Sam (trumpet, trombone), John (trombone, piano), Steve H (soprano, piano), Jack (trumpet), Raphael (bass), Bill (vocals), Serdar (guitar).

Tunes:

Sam: Broadway (I-61)

John: Black Nile (I-48)

Jack: Yardbird Suite (II-438)

Bill: Pennies from Heaven (II-308)

Steve H: Whisper Not (II-422)

Bill: Watch What Happens (II-413)

Serdar: Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans (II-117)

Raphael: Just In Time (II-222)

Sam: Red Top

Your scribe has the feeling that he forgot to write down some of the songs that were played. Perhaps he will get edits from other attendees.

Hope to see you next time!

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment