Wednesday, September 26, 2018

September 22, 2018

Next Time: Saturday, September 29, 11am-3pm, TowerLight, 3601 Wooddale Avenue, St. Louis Park.

Sam's Add-A-Tune: Billie's Bounce (II-44)

Special guest blogger: Raphael
(Thanks for handling the Workshop and the notes!--SJH)

After guitar (Craig) and bass (Raphael-writer) took time to tune their instrument, they worked through the chord changes of East of the Sun (West of the Moon) III-104. Then, Craig selected Feel Like Making Love III-119. At that point, Bob (guitar) joined in and proposed I Left My Heart in San Francisco (III-168). We continued with Indian Summer III-201. Carl was here in time for the last tune during the instrumental hour - 2 Degrees East, 3 Degrees West (II-408). Annie did not mind a smaller group and kicked off the vocal session with The Very THought of You III-421 and The Best Is Yet to Come IV-41. Black Orpheus I-49, Bob's selection was mixed instrumental and vocal (Annie). We continued with 4 vocal selections from Annie, How Little We Know and Give Me the Simple Life (not in the RB's), This Can't Be Love (III-402), and That Old Feeling (III-393). Went back shortly to instrumental with Carl's Mood Indigo I-279. Next 2 vocal selections from Annie were For Sentimental Reasons (I-147) and Girl from Ipanema (I-158). Raphael selected the last instrumental with Moonlight in Vermont (III-282). By that time, we barely had enought time to wrap up with Annie's I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free (I-195).

No comments:

Post a Comment