Thursday, May 21, 2009

From our special correspondent

I wasn't at the first Monday evening jazz workshop on 5/18 but pianist Christian was and he files the following brief report:

"We had viki, annie, sheila on vocals... myself, wes, and matt (flute) and gene on drums...

we sounded pretty good, we played day by day, I love paris (sheila sang the hell outta that one), angel eyes, at last (etta james), i'll remember april, willow weep for me, and a few others I can't remember."

Christian has arranged "Four Brothers" in multi-part harmony for the horns. I haven't had a chance to hear it yet but am looking forward to it. I've been arranging "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" for the horns and will have that ready by the next Monday jazz workshop (6/1) and will probably discover that I don't know what I'm doing arranging horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment