Sunday, November 26, 2023

November 25, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 12/2, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale, St. Louis Park)

A pretty good showing this week: Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve C. (piano), Raphael (bass), Jack (trumpet), Ari (trumpet), Al (tenor), Steve H (soprano), and Serdar (guitar).

Your scribe was a tad late, but the word is that the first two tunes were from Sam, who called Blue Monk (I-xx), followed by Steve C.'s choice of Groovin' High (II-xxx). Raphael was up next, deciding on Whisper Not (II-4xx). Ari opted for a bouncy version of Autumn Leaves (I-39). Jack chose to sing on I Thought About You (II-180). Al challenged us with Coltrane's Moment's Notice (I-280). Your scribe pulled out a handout of a mash-up of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and Blue Monk. Serdar made his first call All Blues (I-18). Steve C got another chance, going to Lady Bird (I-235). When yours truly was departing, the gang were working on Raphael's choice of Bolivia (III-58).

Hope to see you next time!

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment