Tuesday, October 24, 2023

October 21, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 10/28, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park)

A core group showed up for jazz jamming this past session: Sam (trumpet, trombone), Raphael (bass), Steve H (piano, soprano), Jack (trumpet), and Serdar (guitar). 

Things got rolling, as usual, with Sam's choice, Line For Lyons (III-240) at an easygoing pace. Jack went to a ballad, Everything Happens To Me (III-114). Your scribe dug back for a peppy, early tune, I Can't Give You Anything But Love (I-185). Raphael got much more contemporary, calling This I Dig Of You (II-395). 

Going around again, Sam made the Workshoppers work on Moment's Notice (I-280). Jack got classic, opting for There Will Never Be Another You (I-207). Serdar finally got a chance, pulling out On The Sunny Side Of The Street (II-298). Yours truly chose a more "floaty" tune, Whisper Not (II-422). Raphael picked up the pace with In Walked Bud (II-200). Sam closed things out with another tricky one, Chitlins Con Carne (I-87). Sam and Serdar closed things out with their now-traditional St. Thomas (II-xxx).

Hope to see you next time!

--SJH

2 comments:

  1. Hi, y'all,. Trying to make it today. I'm bussing from st Paul. Hope to at least say hello. Sheila m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time... I'll try a cab!!!!

    ReplyDelete