Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 26, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 9/2, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale, St. Louis Park)

Masks were still necessary in the building this past session, so be prepared.

Attendance picked up this time out, with appearances by Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve H (soprano, piano), Steve D (trumpet), Steve C (piano), Raphael (bass), Jack (trumpet), David (trombone), and Ari (trumpet). 

We got rolling with Sam's pick, Now's The Time (I-293) at an easy pace. Jack took things down with a very relaxed (and very cool) version of So What (I-364), which had the added advantage that we had the right horns present to play all five parts! We picked things up with Steve C's call, In Walked Bud (II-200). Raphael gave us our first ballad of the day, Infant Eyes (II-202). We stayed right in the same spot in the book, but went more up-tempo on your scribe's choice, It Could Happen To You (II-204). 

Back around to Sam, who opted for a bit of Latin in So Nice (I-362). Steve D stuck to the Latin rhythms, turning to Little Boat (I-245). Jack returned to Miles with his call, Solar (I-363). Steve C. chose a Tad Dameron classic, Lady Bird (I-xxx).  Yours truly took over piano duties for the last two: Raphael's pick, Invitation (I-297), and Ari's choice, Song For My Father (I-373).

See you next time!

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment