Wednesday, July 26, 2023

July 22, 2023

Next Time: Sat., 7/29, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale, St. Louis Park)

An active session at the Workshop this week, with the addition of old-timer (haven't seen him since the McRae days) Tom (drums), along with regulars Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve C (piano), Jack (trumpet), Steve H (soprano), Raphael (bass), and Serdar (guitar).

Sam launched the boat this week with Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise (II-355). Jack got the next call, going with Four (I-149). Tom took us where we had not been previously, No More Blues (Chega de Saudade) (I-74). Steve C had a song for our trip, Road Song (I-344). Raphael took us to a beautiful place (hard to play, though), Joy Spring (I-244). Serdar took us to a 3/4 place with Alice in Wonderland (I-17). All the way around to yours truly, who pulled out a handout of the 1923 tune by Harry Archer, I Love You.

Round two began with Jack's choice of Dancing on the Ceiling (I-98). Sam tried to get us in a funk mode with Sister Sadie (III-355). Tom went with the more familiar Bye Bye Blackbird (II-73). Steve C, also carrying handouts, pulled out a chart of Never Never Land. Raphael's pick the second time around was You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To (II-436). Serdar rounded off the afternoon with a bossa, How Insensitive

Hope to see you there this week!

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment