Wednesday, February 5, 2020

February 1, 2020

Next Time: Sat., 2/8, 11am-3pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale, St. Louis Park)


Some new faces this week, along with the regulars: Sam (trumpet, trombone), Steve C (piano), Raphael (bass), Steve H (alto, percussion)), Jack K (trumpet, drums), Steve M (alto), Bill R. (vocals), and Elena G. (vocals).

As usual, Sam's Add-A-Tune got things rolling, this time Dolphin Dance (I-58). Elena took her first turn with It's Only A Paper Moon ( II-208). Bill followed with All of Me (I-20). Jack opted for Time After Time (III-408). Steve M went with a slightly up version of the ballad, Darn That Dream (I-99). Steve C. kept things easygoing with a slower version of Beautiful Love (I-40) Raphael changed the speed with Scrapple From The Apple (I-351). Yours truly went with a vocalist's suggestion, I've Got The World On A String (III-188).

I'm guessing Sam called something at this point, but I failed to write it down. But vocalist Elena took a turn on Stormy Weather (III-382). Bill moved in the Frank zone on Come Rain Or Come Shine (II-XXX). Your scribe had to pull up stakes as Carl got a turn with Blues By Five (II-59). But the ever-faithful Raphael took notes. Elena took on the slow but swingy Sentimental Journey (II-343). Steve M chose I Thought About You (II-180). Steve C followed with more Frank style, Fly Me To The Moon (II-135). Raphael was feeling groovy on This I Dig Of You (II-396). Sam got a last turn on Move (II-280). Elena, as she promised, called My Funny Valentine (I-287). The afternoon ended on Bill last call, The Girl From Ipanema (I-158).

--SJH

No comments:

Post a Comment