Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday in the Park (3/7/09)

Today we had a great turnout, by my count at one point there were about 16 players! Today we had most of the regulars (Annie, Vicki, Dick, Sam, Wes, Tim and Gene), some returning folks (Mary, Reno, Victor) and some new folks (Pete (bass), Ken (guitar), Craig (a different Craig- guitar), Christian (piano), Dan (trumpet) and another trumpet player whose name I didn't catch. Wow!

Here's Christian, Pete and (Re)Pete:



We got through a bunch of songs including "Blue Bossa," "Corcovado," "Waltz for Debby," "What Is This Thing Called Love," "Easy Living," "I'll Remember April," "One Note Samba," a Dick Jacques original "Will You Be My Love," "Ornithology," and "St. Thomas." There are a few other songs that I've forgotten since I didn't write them down and my short term memory is what it used to be. Anyway we had a great time, the new folks played some good stuff and we hope they all keep coming back.

Here's part of the horn section (missing three trumpets, making this sort of a rogue's gallery):

No comments:

Post a Comment