Wednesday, October 16, 2024

October 12, 2024

Next Time: Sat., 10/19, 11am-2pm, TowerLight (3601 Wooddale Ave., St. Louis Park)

We're in the basement theater. Bring your own stand.

A workable combo arrived to get our weekly shindig off the ground: Sam (trombone), Steve (piano), Paul (bass), Jerry (guitar), Jan (trumpet), and Matt (vocals). 

As is our way, Sam launched us with his first pick, Triste (I-417). Matt was already set up, so he got the next call, L-O-V-E (III-252). Your scribe went to the easygoing Hoagy Carmichael tune, Lazy River (I-242). Paul got us all groovin' to Stella By Starlight (I-382). Matt had several handouts for the session, starting with When You Wish Upon A Star. Jan pulled out the little-known Guilty (I-168). Jerry countered with the very well known tune, The Way You Look Tonight (I-415); Matt grabbed a chorus as well. Matt's own selection was his second handout, Oh, Look At Me Now.

We started a second round with Sam's choice of My Little Suede Shoes (II-252). We had missed Craig on the first go-round, so he asked for Moon River (II-274), and again Matt joined in. Yours truly took a pass, so Paul got the next call of Softly, As In A Morning Sunrise (II-355). Matt got another one, this time going to Angel Eyes (I-28). Your scribe had to pack it up at this point, but as he left, the gang was playing Jan's call, Gypsy In My Soul (I-169). Who knows what shenanigans ensued after that...

Hope to see you next time!

--SJH 

No comments:

Post a Comment